Over the years, the Reinsman Junior Cowhorse bit line has proved to be riders’ favorite, time and time again. These bits are known for their slight slide/gag action and short 5” shank. The purpose of this combination is to give the horse more response time and mild leverage across the horse’s bars. This has made the Junior Cowhorse line a stand-up option as transition bits for colts, leisure riding bits, and performance bits for the softer, more supple performance horse.
• Transitioning a horse from a snaffle to a leverage bit.
• The performance horse that is soft, supple, and doesn’t require much leverage.
• Leisure riding.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT:
• The three-piece mouthpiece aids in the prevention of the “nutcracker” effect across the horse’s bars.
• The twisted mouth provides a slight “bite” for added control.
• Sweet Iron will rust and promote salivation to make a more supple-feeling mouth.
• Mullen relief mouth provides a slight curve over the horse’s tongue. This makes the bit more comfortable to carry and is considered gentler across the bars.
• One of Reinsman Equestrian’s TOP SELLING bits
• The LIFETIME warranty
• Applies pressure across the bars of the mouth when pressure is applied to the reins.
• Start loose and increase tightness for additional control or increased signaling.
• This 348 Junior Cowhorse Twisted Dogbone falls into our Stage B category of bits. Stage B is all about transitioning with the introduction of leverage and curb pressure. Short shank bits are common in Stage B.
• All leverage bits should be used with a curb chain to function properly. Without a curb chain, a shanked bit can rotate back toward the rider. Curb chains should stop the shank’s rotation at approximately 45 degrees.
• Cheeks are made of medical-grade stainless steel to prevent rusting and guarantee longevity.
• Each bit is closely inspected by a team of expert craftsmen who pride themselves on the quality of their workmanship.
• LIFETIME – that’s right, we mean it.
• If at any point your bit is showing damage, call our customer service team to receive a prompt repair.
• Store indoors or in a tack room
• Wipe or brush off debris after each use.
• Check your bit before each use for wear.